Monday, February 8, 2010

I rode my bike today.

And it was great...kinda.

Here's my bike...sitting at the Dunks where I enjoyed a very hot hot chocolate, and also where I nailed down a time for a job interview tomorrow.


And here's me after the ride (sans gloves, hat and helmet).


I started out wanted to do about 5 miles, but that quickly turned into ok, where I can turn off this road to cut the corner and head back downtown. It was (is) cold...around 25F, and I definitely didn't have all the layers I needed. I only wore my base layer, Discovery thermal jersey and windvest (With Cannondale shorts and PI thermal tights, but my legs were plenty warm). Next time I ride at that temperature I'll wear my longsleeve jersey on top of the baselayer.

It was nice to be back on the road though. Oh, also, had a hard time breathing due to the cold. At the beginning and end of the ride I wore a mask, but it made it awkward to turn my head, and fogged up my glasses a good deal, so for the middle part of the ride I left my face uncovered, and am now hacking my lungs out due to the cold shock. Anyone have any suggestions?

Goal this week is to ride the rollers a bit, and get better on those. Also, will probably join Beverly Cycles for an early morning and/or nighttime training session on the trainer.

Again, I'm riding in the LIVESTRONG Philly Challenge in August...I'm looking for any supporters for my ride, please go to here and click donate. Everything goes towards Livestrong as it's their official fundraising site. I am also on Team Fatty...if you don't know who that is...go here: Fat Cyclist

No comments:

Post a Comment