Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hit my limit...

It was my own fault...I went into Boston for an interview, and by the time I got home it was lunchtime. So we went straight to the Mexican place for food...brought it home and I had a brew to go with it.

I totally forgot I was supposed to go biking later on. Mexican food + beer + cycling indoors (where I can't just draft and cruise along) = uhUHUGHuhUG

I did a solid 45 minutes before the heartburn and indigestion ended the training...no end sprints for me TYVM. So yeah...next time, let's eat right before a ride.

I usually have a sandwich or something lighter about an hour before a ride, then a gel 15 minutes before the ride, and every hour or so afterwards, following up with a Luna bar within 30 minutes of getting home, along with plenty of water. Pasta is great for the night before a ride, as well.

What do you guys do for food before/during/after rides?

Oh yeah, and the reason why we were on trainers? It's raining all of March, hopefully instead of June like last year.


Edit: well she sure looks like she's having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment